Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
August 20, 2017
IAFF HEADLINES
New Hampshire Members Awarded Liberty Mutual’s Firemark Award
Connecticut Members Reach Out to Young Cancer Patients
Philly Fire Fighter Dies in Line of Duty
New York City and 8 Labor Unions Reach Tentative Contract
Fire Fighters Question Governor’s Failed Leadership During Ferguson Unrest
December 3 Marks 15th Anniversary of the Worcester 6
Memphis Fire Fighters Donate $12,000 to Local Cancer Charity

More Headlines
Kitchen fire in Ann Arbor injures one apartment resident
Updated On: Jun 15, 2010

Kitchen fire in Ann Arbor injures one apartment resident

A kitchen fire in an apartment on the city's south side injured one resident Saturday night, Ann Arbor firefighters said.

The fire, caused by a pot left on the stove, broke out about 10 p.m. at Hidden Valley Club Apartments, an Ann Arbor Fire Department press release said.

When firefighters arrived at the apartment in the 600 block of Hidden Valley Club Drive, they found a fire on the stove had spread to the cabinets and created a lot of smoke throughout the apartment and in the second- and third-floor hallways.

The apartment resident was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to the hospital, the press release said.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze within 10 minutes and were on the scene for about an hour, the press release said.


Ann Arbor Firefighters Local 693
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

179199 hits since Aug 07, 2004
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image