A fire that started on a deck at an Ann Arbor apartment complex spread two floors to the roof and has displaced four families, according to the Ann Arbor Fire Department.
No residents were injured, but two firefighters were injured. One sustained a leg injury and the other had heat exhaustion.
The fire, at a complex on Waymarket Drive on the city's south side, was called in around 3 p.m. as a report of a cigarette ashtray that caught fire, said Battalion Chief Robert Vogel.
The fire spread from the deck to the building. Six additional units sustained smoke or water damage, Vogel said.